| Disclaimer: The information on this page
has not been checked by an independent person. Use this information
at your own risk. |
Click arrows to page adverts
Index for Beam Information
dictionary definition.... "Beam...a long sturdy piece of squared timber or steel used in house building "
Links to Beam Notes
For the notes on this site a beam is a structural member considered
because it is primarily loaded in a transverse direction to its length..
A column is a structural member compressively loaded along its length..
A beam is typically a structural member which has a constant section and has a length
dimension which is long compared to its section dimensions. It primarily
support loads in a transverse direction to its length.
Beams are primarily used in construction of structures. In mechanical engineering
shafts, levers, springs, gear teeth are designed using beam theory..
This section only relates to beams subject to transverse loads, it does not include notes
on beams withstanding axial or torsional loads
Sites Providing Relevant Information
- Technouk...Various Spreadsheet Downloads- including beam calculations
- Excelcalcs... Reasonable cost allows access to library of relevant Xcel based Calcs.
- Elasticity...Short wide rangining paper download
- Mitcalc...Excel based software including coded beam calculations
- ON LINE ANALYSIS...EPC server on line structural calculations (Free at the moment) - Only USA units
This page is being developed
Send Comments to Roy Beardmore
Last Updated 25/01/2013